Yield: 6 servings
* 2 Medium cut white onions
* 2 Grinded garlic cloves
* 500 gr sweet potato cut into cubes
* 2 Carrots, cut into cubes
* 1 Potato cut into cubes
* 1 Cup well-rinsed orange lentils
* 1 Tbsp. all natural chicken broth powder
* 1/2 Tsp cumin
* 2 Tsp. turmeric
* 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
* A pinch of allspice
* 1-2 Tsp of salt
* Black pepper
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Fry the onions with a little bit of olive oil and salt until it becomes transparent (about 5 minutes) in a medium-sized pot, then add the garlic and stir-fry for another minute.
2. Add the sweet potato, carrots and regular potato and fry for 2 additional minutes.
3. Add the lentils and cover with water up to about 1 cm above the vegetables.
4. Add 1 tbsp. of natural chicken broth powder and the rest of the spices.
5. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cook for 25 minutes or until the carrots have softened.
6. Remove from the heat, and while stirring, add a tbsp. of olive oil.
7. Grind the soup with a hand blender until the texture is uniform.